In Stars and Time Crashing on Steam Deck? Try These 7 FIXES
In Stars and Time Crashing on Steam Deck: In Stars and Time is loved by gamers worldwide for its amazing gameplay. But some people using the Steam Deck have a problem: the game keeps crashing.
Don’t worry! We have lots of important things to check and solutions to help you. We want to get you back into the fun world of In Stars and Time without any crashes. It doesn’t matter if you’re new or have been playing for a while, this guide will help you enjoy the game without any interruptions.
Solution 1: Basic Checks
Before trying anything else, it’s wise to check off some things:
- Check if In Stars and Timecompatible with Steam Deck.
- Ensure no mods or extra files are installed on your device. Stick to official/well-maintained files for a clean system.
- If the game runs fine, check official channels or forums for information.
- Verify your internet connection stability.
- Ensure your Steam Deck is not overheating.
Force reboot your console if needed:
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. If it doesn’t respond, press and hold for at least 12 seconds to force restart.
Solution 2: Disconnect and reinsert the Micro SD Card
If In Stars and Time is on your SD card, reinsert it or try running another game from internal storage. If the issue is with the SD card, consider checking it in another device or replacing it.
Alternatively, install the primary game on your internal memory.
Solution 3: Re-Initialize DNS
Changing DNS settings might help if crashing is related to the network. Follow these steps:
- Hold the Steam Deck power button to bring up the power menu.
- Select “Switch to Desktop” to switch to the Linux desktop.
- Ensure the desktop version of Steam is running.
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right and select “Configure Network Connection.”
- Click on your current connection, select IPv4, and change the Method from Automatic to Manual.
- Update your DNS Servers to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 (Google DNS).
- Save the changes.
Solution 4: Update the Steam Deck
Ensure your SteamOS is up to date to avoid compatibility issues:
- Tap the Steam Button to open the sidebar.
- Go to Settings, then System.
Check for updates and apply them. Restart the Steam Deck.
Repeat the process until it says it’s up to date.
Solution 5: Change Proton Version
Steam Deck uses Proton for compatibility. Change the Proton version for In Stars and Time:
- Go to game Settings > Properties > Compatibility.
- Check the box for Proton Experimental.
- Select the desired Proton version.
Solution 6: Reset Steam Deck
Resetting the Steam Deck can resolve software-related issues:
- Press the Steam Button to open Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom to find the Factory Reset button.
- Confirm the factory reset.
This clears cache/storage/software-related problems.
Solution 7: Contact Steam Deck Support
If issues persist, contact Steam Deck support for necessary repairs.
Encountering crashes while playing In Stars and Time on the Steam Deck can be quite frustrating for players. However, there are important steps that can effectively address this issue. Making sure your hardware meets the recommended specifications, keeping your game and device software up to date, and verifying the integrity of game files are crucial actions that can significantly reduce crashes. Additionally, paying attention to thermal management and making necessary adjustments to prevent overheating issues is essential.
By diligently following these measures, players can fully immerse themselves in the excitement of In Stars and Time on the Steam Deck, enjoying an uninterrupted and thrilling gaming experience. Embrace these solutions, stay calm, and get ready for uninterrupted gameplay excitement!