Back to the Dawn Crashing on Steam Deck (SOLVED)
Back to the Dawn Crashing on Steam Deck: , a captivating and immersive gaming experience, has faced crashing issues on the Steam Deck. To help you resolve this problem, we provide a comprehensive guide with solutions:
Solution 1: Basic Checks
- Ensure Back to the Dawn’s compatibility with Steam Deck.
- Avoid using mods or unofficial files to maintain a clean system.
- Check official channels and forums for in-game issues.
- Verify your internet connection is stable.
- Prevent overheating of your Steam Deck.
- Try a force reboot: Hold the power button for 3 seconds, and if unresponsive, hold it for 12 seconds.
Solution 2: Disconnect and Reinsert the Micro SD Card
- If the game is on your SD card, reinsert it.
- If not, try running the game from internal storage.
- Replace the SD card if the issue persists.
Solution 3: Re-Initialize DNS
- Changing DNS settings can fix network-related crashes and FPS drops.
- Access the Linux desktop and configure network connections to update DNS settings.
Solution 4: Update the Steam Deck
- Ensure SteamOS is up to date.
- Go to Settings, find System, and apply any available updates.
Solution 5: Change Proton Version
- Experiment with different Proton versions for compatibility.
- Configure Proton versions in the game’s settings.
Solution 6: Reset Steam Deck
- Perform a factory reset to eliminate software-related issues.
- This may help if other solutions fail.
Solution 7: Contact Steam Deck Support
- If the issue persists, reach out to Steam Deck support for assistance.
In conclusion, by following these steps, you can resolve the crashing issue with Back to the Dawn on your Steam Deck and enjoy uninterrupted gameplay. Stay updated with developer announcements for further improvements to the gaming experience on the Steam Deck.